NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, (National Entries) and Canada excluding Quebec who, as of the last day of the month prior to entry, are the age of majority or older and who are enrolled in an accredited cosmetology program or are employed as a licensed cosmetologist or barber in their home state or country.
Void where prohibited. The Paul Mitchell Professional Hair Color Competition runs from January 1, 2017 through and including March 15, 2017. Sponsored by John Paul Mitchell Systems. To obtain a copy of the rules with any additional requirements of your country and in its official language, Click "International" and then Click the country in which you reside.
The Color Outside the Lines Competition
OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SUBMITTING AN ENTRY CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT TO AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR AND JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL MATERS RELATED TO THE COMPETITION.
- Competition Timing. The Color Outside the Lines Competition (the "Contest") begins at 10:00 a.m PST (Pacific Standard Time) on January 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on March 15, 2017 (the "Entry Period"). The judging will commence immediately following the close of the Entry Period and the Winners will be announced April 17, 2017 on or before 11:59 p.m. PST. Winners will be selected in the following categories: 1) Best National Entry (within the U.S.), 2) Best New Talent (licensed within the last 5 years; U.S. only.)
- Eligibility. The contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, (National Entries) and Canada excluding Quebec, who, as of the last day of the month prior to entry, are the legal age of majority or older in the state, providence, territory or Country in which they resided and who are enrolled in an accredited cosmetology program or are employed as a licensed cosmetologist or barber in their home state or country. ("Entrants".) Void where prohibited. The Paul Mitchell Professional Hair advertising or promotion agency, supplier of prizes for the Competition, parent company, service provider, subsidiary or affiliate of any such entity or any other entity directly associated with the Competition (hereinafter the "Competition Entities") or any member of the immediate family of and/or person living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter or win the Competition. All federal, state, local and provincial laws and regulations apply. This Contest requires Internet Access.
How to Enter the Competition. To enter visit PAULMITCHELLPRO.COM during the entry period. Accept the Competition Application (the "Application") and complete the online registration form, including the following: 1) select which category you are submitting the Entry for, either National, or New Talent; 2) submit a before photo, close-up photograph (chest and above) of the color hairstyle you created using Paul Mitchell Pro Hair Color; 3) a 25 character or less title of your entry; if the entry was retouched, submit both the retouched and unrouched photo.
- (a) To enter the Competition you must have Internet Access and all Entries must be submitted online.
- (b) Entries must be received by 11:59 PM PST, March 15, 2017. Only one Entry per person. If multiple entries are received by the same entrant, only the first Entry submitted by that entrant will qualify for entry in the Competition; subsequent entries submitted by that entrant shall be disqualified. No email or other electronic submissions will be accepted. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and these Official Rules and to comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. JPMS, and those working for or on behalf of JPMS, will not be responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, or postage due mail or e-mail, or for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and other technical errors, malfunctions, and delays. Entries which are mutilated, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, forged, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are also void. Entries will be void if JPMS deems it to be patently offensive or with profanity, violence or nudity, or which, in the judgment of its attorneys, might subject JPMS or its licensees to unfavorable regulatory action, violate any law, infringe the rights of any Person, or subject JPMS or its Licensees to liability for any reason.
- (c) Entry Form is hereinafter referred to as an "Entry". Each submission must be wholly original and created entirely by you and must not incorporate or include anything that is owned by any third party or would require the consent of any third party and your submission must not violate any law or the copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right or any other right of any third party.
Our Right to Use Your Work and Information About You.
- (a) Entries and other submitted material become the property of JPMS and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting an Entry: (a) you represent and warrant that your Entry is wholly original and does not incorporate or include anything that is owned by any third party or would require the consent of any third party and your Entry does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right or any other right of any third party; (b) you agree that your Entry shall be a ""work made for hire,"" with all rights therein, including, without limitation, the exclusive copyright, being the property of JPMS; and ©) in the event your Entry is considered not to be a ""work made for hire,"" you irrevocably assign to JPMS all right, title, and interest in your Entry (including, without limitation, the copyright) in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, anywhere in the world, with the right to make any and all uses thereof, including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising or trade.
- (b) By submitting an Entry, you grant to JPMS and its affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), e-mail address, voice, biographical information, submission/Entry and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing JPMS and its products or services, without compensation unless required by law. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), e -mail address, biographical information, or entry. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to JPMS and its affiliated companies with respect to all entrants in the Competition, including those entrants who are selected as Winners and those entrants who are not selected as Winners. JPMS is under no obligation to use the winning Entries for any purpose.
- (c) The information that you provide in connection with the Competition may be used for JPMS's internal purposes and to send you JPMS's newsletters and other information about JPMS and its affiliates, but will not be provided to third parties without your consent, except as necessary for the administration of the Competition or as required by law or legal process. If you would like your name removed from JPMS's mailing lists or if you do not wish to receive JPMS's newsletters, write to JPMS's Color Outside the Lines™ Competition, John Paul Mitchell Systems 1888 Century Park East., Suite 1601, Century City, CA 90067.
Selection of Winner(s) / Prize(s).
- (a) All entries will be judged on the basis of the following criteria: (I) 70% on hair color technique, choice of colors, and how the hair color respects the cut and style; (II) 30% on overall vision, creativity and interpretation of trend.
- (b) Subject to receipt of a sufficient number of Qualified Entries, there will be three (2) finalists from each of the following categories: (A) National Entries; (B) New Talent entries. Each of the finalists shall receive a certificate of recognition and a Neuro® Style 1" Styling Iron.
- (c) The grand prize winner of each category will receive 1) Grand Prize trophy; 2) be featured in trade magazine; 3) participation in a Paul Mitchell collection photo shoot; 4) featured in New and Now; 5) featured on Paul Mitchell Professional website, social media and blog; 6) a Paul Mitchell® Professional Hair Color Kit.
- (d) The estimated retail or market value of all prizes is $4,322.00. Taxes, fees and all other charges, if any, are the sole responsibility of Winner(s). Please allow at least 6-8 weeks for prize delivery. In addition, certain Winners may be eligible to have their picture posted to the www.paulmitchell.com web site if JPMS decides in its sole discretion to post such picture(s) selected by JPMS, but JPMS is under no obligation to use the winning Entries for any purpose. By accepting the prize, each Winner releases and discharges JPMS, affiliated companies and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents from any liability or damage due in whole or in part to the award, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or from participation in this Competition. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or substitutable for any other item by winners. JPMS reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value for any prize, or to pay winners a cash equivalent (the value of which shall be determined by JPMS in its sole discretion), for any reason.
- (e) The winners will be selected on April 17, 2017. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. The decision of the judges shall be final and binding in all regards. The Winners will be notified by telephone, mail, overnight courier and/or email, and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release and Copyright Ownership Agreement, within five (5) days of notification. The Affidavit of Eligibility must be complete and must include each Winner's social security or resident alien identification number and/or appropriate tax identifications for their state, territory, country of residence. The information in each Winner's Affidavit of Eligibility must be correct and must be identical to the information provided in Winner's Entry or the Winner will be disqualified. If a Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, fails to return the completed and executed documents required above, if a prize is returned as undeliverable or if a Winner fails to comply with any of the provisions of these rules, such Winner's prize will be forfeited. If a prize is unclaimed or forfeited an alternate winner will be selected in JPMS's discretion.
- (f) If, for reasons beyond the Sponsor's control (including, but not limited to, tampering or computer virus infection), the Competition is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify the Competition, without liability. All taxes (including, but not limited to, income taxes) are the sole responsibility of winners. Prize winners (and parent(s) or guardian(s) of prize winners under 21) may be required to execute (and have notarized) an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and Copyright Ownership Agreement, and/or a Publicity Release (the "Affidavit/Release") which must be returned to and received by Sponsor within five (5) days from winner's receipt of the Affidavit/Release. Winners will also be required to send a copy of their passport, driver's license or birth certificate as proof of age and residency. Non-compliance with any of these requirements may result in disqualification, in which case an alternate winner may be chosen. Return of prize, prize notification, Affidavit/Release as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. All entrants agree to comply fully with each provision in these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Competition and any person who does not comply with these Official Rules, will be ineligible for any prize(s) and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Issues of Law.
All Federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. THE CALIFORNIA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE Competition AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA SHALL GOVERN THE Competition. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. The Competition is void where restricted or prohibited by law. Additional requirements may be required due to the Country in which you reside. These additional requirements are set forth below when you click on "International Rules" by country.
Your Release of JPMS From Any and All Liability.
Entrants agree that Competition Entities shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from: (I) acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of prize(s), (ii) participation in the Competition, (iii) individual, joint or collective technical malfunctions of the telephone network and/or transmission line, computer on-line system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, hardware and/or software, or (iv) any delay or distortion of an Entry resulting from data transmissions that are garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, mutilated, delayed, corrupted, mechanically duplicated, illegible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Each Entrants releases JPMS and its employees from any liability in connection with Entrant's preparation or use of the Video. Entrants also agree that the Competition Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer related to or resulting from the Competition, the Entries and/or its prizes. The Competition Entities are not liable for damage to a user's computer system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to an entrant's participation in the Competition or downloading of information in connection with the Competition. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the Competition in the event that any portion of any website used to administer any aspect of the Competition becomes technically corrupted.
How to Get More Information
- (a) To obtain a list of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Color Outside the Lines Competition c/o John Paul Mitchell Systems, 1888 Century Park East. Suite 1600, Century City, CA 90067 and in the corner of the envelope, label it "WINNERS." All winners' list requests must be received by September 1, 2016. Winners' names will also be posted on the www.paulmitchell.com. The sponsor of this Competition is John Paul Mitchell Systems. Questions regarding the Competition can be directed by mail to Color Outside the Lines Competition c/o John Paul Mitchell Systems, 1888 Century Park East, Suite 1600, Los Angeles, CA 90067.
- (b) Copies of these Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Color Outside the Lines Competition c/o John Paul Mitchell Systems, 1888 Century Park East, Suite 1600, Los Angeles, CA 90067 (WA and VT residents may omit return postage.) Requests for Official Rules must be received by March 1, 2017. All times and dates in these Official Rules are Pacific Standard Time.